Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Please follow the instructions below if you want to be asleep during your procedure.
- The night before your appointment eat a light, easily digestible meal. DO NOT drink alcohol within 24 hours of your appointment. Get plenty of rest.
- Do not eat or drink anything at all during the six (6) hours before your appointment. This includes FOOD,WATER,GUM OR MINTS. NOTHING!
- If you have to take any medications before your appointment, you can only take them with a small sip of water. Only take approved medications before surgery.
- Please brush your teeth, remove all facial, lip, and tongue jewelry and do not wear heavy make up.
- Do not wear contacts. Wear your glasses instead.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing with short sleeves.
- Wear comfortable shoes-NO FLIP FLOPS.
- Have ibuprofen on hand for post-op pain. We recommend that you have soft, cold food to eat the day of the surgery. You may want to buy these items ahead of time, as you should go straight home after surgery.
- You must bring a responsible adult with you that can stay in the office, drive you home and stay with you after your procedure. If you are under 18, this must be a legal guardian.
- Due to the busy nature of our practice and limited waiting room space, please only bring one person with you to your appointment. Also, please make other arrangements for children as our office is not well suited for them.